Like our world-class Bolin Chest Seal, the patented H*VENT design works to relieve pressure from an open chest wound due to air in the chest (pneumothorax) or bodily fluid (hemothorax).
Key features of the H*VENT Laminar Vented Chest Dressing include:
- A unique multi-directional vented dressing. This allows the fluids to “Drain towards gravity”. Important because that means casualty can be transported on their side, etc.
- The design helps prevent occlusion. This provides a backup fail-safe system since there are 6 ports. Even if 5 become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational.
- The unique dome membrane design creates a complete seal around the wound area, ensuring a complete seal around the wound and reducing the risk of air or fluid finding alternate paths.
- Large vent openings on the H*VENT Laminar Vented Chest Dressing allows for visual monitoring of the wound. The dome design gives quick indication of air or fluid leaving the chest (billows up) or when the seal is in place (sucks down).
- Proven in internal testing to retain a seal during inhalation and to maintain a sustainable negative pressure (below ambient pressure) within the pleural space.
- Lowest profile of any vented chest seal and easy to fold.
The H*VENT laminar vented chest dressing is sold in a single pack and a twin-pack with two individually sealed chest seals connected together for easy access and use. Both versions have a 5 year shelf life.
H*VENT Twin Pack
- Package Dimensions: 9.25” x 8.5” x 0.25” (unfolded), 8.5” x 4.75” x 0.5” (folded)
- Package Weight: 82 g.